Pre Conference Networking Session
- Delegates arrive from 8:30am when an informal breakfast is provided, and a chance to network with other attendees, before the conference starts at 9:30am
Overview - Understanding Student Housing in a Global Context
- Where does Student Housing fit with the wider spectrum of rented residential and other property asset classes and how is it performing?
- How has the sector Globally recovered from Covid and which markets have recovered fastest?
- How is the Student Housing sector adjusting to the growth in ESG requirements?
- Where do Asian, African, Pacific & American Continental markets sit and has Covid affected the world order?
- Where are the growth markets & is the sector now truly Global?
- Matthew Bowen, Partner - Head of Residential Investment Research, Knight Frank
Welcome and Introduction from the Conference Chair
- Where are we with Student Housing Property Investment?
- Martin Hadland, Founder & Managing Director, Student First Group (Conference Chair)
Panel Session - Understanding the Evolution of Student Housing as a Global Property Asset Class
- Does the growth of international brands mean that a Global portfolio is now a recognised as the biggest long term opportunity?
- Where do the EMEA, US & Pacific Markets fit into the overall picture?
- How has the US market evolved during Covid and where are the opportunity markets?
- Are US operators and investors now looking to grow their brands Globally?
- Where are the similarities & differences with US & European markets?
- Is Co-Living a natural evolution of the product Globally?
- How much interest is there in African and Asian Markets?
- Why have we seen such different Covid recoveries in different locations?
- Tom Devaney, Global Chief Operating Officer, Scape
- James Hunt, Global Head of Real Estate, Global Student Accommodation (GSA)
- Doug Larson, President, XFD
- Martin Hadland, Founder & Managing Director, Student First Group (Chair)
The UK Student Housing Market in 2022 – where are the key opportunity areas over the next 5 years?
- What are the key transactions in the UK Market and what do these tell us about where the market is heading?
- What is happening with UK Rents, Values, & Opportunity areas?
- Which UK Cities now represent real value and why is there so much demand for UK stock in the current market?
- Which universities are going to see the highest demand and which towns and cities will require more supply?
- Rose Denbee, Head of Student Housing - Valuation Advisory, JLL