Pre Conference Networking Session
- Delegates arrive from 8:30am when an informal breakfast is provided, and a chance to network with other attendees, before the conference starts at 9:30am
Morning Conference Session
- Chairman’s Welcome & Introduction – where are we with Student Housing Property Investment?
- Overview - Understanding Student Housing in a Global Property Context
- Where does Student Housing fit with the wider spectrum of rented residential and other property asset classes and how is it performing?
- How is the Student Housing sector adjusting to the growth in ESG requirements?
- Where do Asian, African, Pacific & American Continental markets sit and will Covid change affect the world order?
- Where are the growth markets & is the sector now truly Global?
- What is happening with UK values and rents?
- Which UK Cities now represent real value and why is there so much demand for UK stock in the current market?
- Which universities are going to see the highest demand and which towns and cities will require more supply?
- Who is going to deliver this?
- How will the parameters of the new London Plan affect delivery in London?
- UK Student Housing Panel – what is the future of the UK Market?
- Where do operators and investors see the market evolving?
- How important is ESG and sustainability with each portfolio and how can we repurpose existing stock to meet modern environmental targets?
- What kind of stock will the UK market demand in coming years in terms of build, design and amenities?
Networking Coffee Break
Middle Conference Session
- Investment in the Student Housing Sector – where are we with transactional volumes and why is there so much pent-up demand?
- What are the key deals in the current market and what are investors most interested in?
- How much investment growth do we expect to see in the next 5 years and where?
- How do Investors see the Student Housing Property Market and how to they see the impacts of Covid?
- What are their aspirations in terms of size of portfolios & where do they see the opportunities Geographically?
- Why is ESG now so important and how is it affect investment decisions?
- How do investors view the UK, Europe and Potential Global Markets?
- How do Investors view the Student Housing Market in the long-term sense and where do they see the growth?
- What is the investor viewpoint on Cladding & how can this be overcome?
- Is Co-Living a natural progression for those investing & Operating in Student Property?
- Where is Student Housing seen when compared to other property investments?
- Student Demand & Market Research
- With significant growth estimated in domestic students alone over the next decade where is there the biggest demand and how can it be met?
- Understanding what Students want and where they are coming from
- Will there continue to be continuity in demand from both domestic and international students?
- How covid only reinforced student opinion that they want the in-person life experience of university rather than online options?
- Where are the growing markets for international students and where do they want to go?
- How has pricing and demand responded and what incentives are now on offer to students?
- What really matters more to students – cost or facilities?
- Understanding what is happening with Student application numbers in the UK and what it means
- What have we learned and how different will things look in the next two academic years?
- How has the pandemic affected applications, acceptances and deferrals and where are we now?
- What have we learned and how different will things look in the next few years?
- What are we expecting from international students in the next few years?
- What next for the student experience?
- HMOS v PBSA – what is the relationship and how is this reflected in supply and pricing?
- What can we learn from data and how accessible is the PBSA sector as a whole?
- How do we bust the myths around HMOS?
- Do budget constraints and searches from Students tell us that there is actually significant demand for HMOs?
- Where is the opportunity in HMOs and how is the sector modernising? Does technology make it more accessible and easier operationally and how has the quality of accommodation improved?
Networking Lunch Session for Speakers & Attendees
Afternoon Conference Session
- Building a European Portfolio – which markets are now fully mature and where are there bigger opportunities in less evolved markets? How can an investor build a balanced portfolio of assets?
- What has been happening with market activity across Europe and who are the key players?
- Where are the opportunities on the ground and what kind of business models and JVs are being used in Europe?
- European Markets Panel Session – Where are the opportunities in Mainland Europe?
- How are the Continental European Markets Performing?
- Why is Europe continuing to grow in popularity?
- Where are the new opportunity markets in Europe?
- Where in particular is proving attractive for Investors and how much of a priority is ESG in Europe?
- How do Continental Markets view the link between Student Housing and Build to Rent/Co-Living?
- How mature is the market and what are reasonable growth projections?
- What the investors are doing and where they are putting their money both in Europe?
- Operational Panel – How is the Operation of Student Housing evolving and where do we see this going?
- What positive operational lessons have been learned from Covid and what can be taken forward?
- What can we learn from the hospitality sector?
- How can operators keep new product relevant & contemporary?
- How can the industry deal with buildings that have cladding and how big a worry is it?
- Student Wellbeing as an ESG priority – what does the future hold?
- What kind of measures can we put in place to improve the Student Experience and take the best care of their wellbeing?
- How can technology and innovation help with this and what kind of ideas are we seeing?
- What kind of Partnership Opportunities will be prevalent between Universities and Private Sector Operators & Investors?
- Where are the partnership Opportunities with Universities and how can they be developed?
- Does the planning sector now mean that JVs are the best way forward for delivery?
Close and start of the Annual Student Housing Networking Drinks Reception